Sunday, June 28, 2009

Plums!


I have a plum, lemon and mini Mandarine orange and I think apricot tree in my back yard... being this is my first year living here I had no idea how much fruit was going to grow on these trees since they have been neglected for the last few years. Everything is way over grown and out of shape.
I REALLY need to prune them after the fruit is done!
I can't believe how many plums I have to throw away everyday! It makes me soo sad to see such a waste but they just fall to the ground and splatter! Well, that and the birds get to them picking out chunks and dropping them to the ground below. Since the tree is right outside my window I literally can hear them hit the ground every time one falls!
Each day I pick at least this many! Tiny little bite sized plums! SUPER SWEET inside but with a tart skin.
I can't remember the last time I ate so much fruit!
Heaven forbid when the large tomatoes ripen!!!!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: