Friday, June 12, 2009

Ella

I am pretty excited about this piece I recently listed.
Ella is made 100% from scratch! Layer upon layer of hand treated, cut, pressed, curled and shaped Silk Chiffon, Silk Satin, Silk Crepe de Chine and Organza create this Ultra feminine design.
It was SO MUCH more time consuming but I am really happy with the completed piece. I first treated all the silk material to minimize any fraying at the raw cut edges. I then pressed the material, cut each individual petal shape out and proceeded to further press, shape and curl each piece. There is SO MUCH more body and shape compared to the pieces I made even a year ago. Gotta love progress... practice, practice.... and more practice!
I find that organza is much more difficult to shape. The transparency of the material doesn't take to any liquids very well and ends up with weird blotches all over it. So, I have to still figure out what I can use to possibly help with this material to minimize fraying and hold shape better.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I used white and champaign colors in this piece. Of course it also has my signature jeweled center. White opalescent Swarovski pearls and crystals sparkle against the anti-tarnishing Silver wire.


Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: