Thursday, February 21, 2008

Candle Confections

Every now and then, on a quiet evening at home I enjoy the ambiance of a flickering golden glow from a candle. Sometimes I like to relax and pamper myself with a soothing milk bath and burn a few candles as well...basically, I LOVE candles!
However, I am allergic to SOY! My quest for SOY FREE, clean burning, non toxic candles has left me sad and depressed UNTIL NOW! (Seriously, after endless searches on line, the whole make it yourself team out there appeared to ONLY make SOY candles...OR SO I THOUGHT!!!)

Let me introduce you to Candle Confections...a bakery of non-edible sweets and treats! "HOLY Goodness Gracious" I say!
This is an amazing little find of high quality hand made candles and melts made with love by a talented Mom named Shelly.

"I always use what I've found to be the best waxes. Scent is very important to me, so I use the maximum amount of fragrance oil that the wax will hold in all of my candles and tarts. I use very few molds, which gives each candle a unique appearance. No two are the same. The "icing" on my cupcake candles, the topping on my loaf candles, and the cookie tart "dough" are all whipped by hand, just to name a few examples."




Smores Sweet-n- Grubby Loaf Candle



I first thought that this was a bake shop!
However, on closer inspection I see that these in fact are realistic looking candles and melts!




8 Harvest Berries Mini Cupcake Tart Melts



I mean, look at the DETAIL in these!
There are REAL PECANS in this candle!









Granny's Pecan Pie Grubby Jar Candle





Butter Brickle Candy Jumbo Cupcake Candle
I figure, "Who doesn't LOVE the smell of baked goods?!"
Yes, ALL the delicious fun without the calories and fat!
I am ordering a few and can't wait to receive them!
I surely will let you know when I get them!

Please feel free to visit her shop and try some too!
Let me know what you think!
:P
Candle Confections

*all photographs courtesy of Candle Confections shop on Etsy

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh! I am drooling over here.lol I am a candle lover and foodie scent lover. It is so important to me that the candles I have burning are toxic free and have no lead in the wicks. Thank you for sharing this, I am heading over there now to order some of these mouth watering candles. =)

AlicePleasance said...

The cupcakes candles are adorable!

Tizzalicious said...

I'd be afraid to be tempted to eat them! They look great!

Sugarloaf said...

Those candles look AMAZINGLY edible!!