Friday, January 29, 2010

SHOP OF THE WEEK: WellspringCreations


Welcome to the SHOP OF THE WEEK: WellspringCreations.
This is a wonderful shop filled with wire wrapped delights! Judy, owner and designer mixes a stunning collection of rare, unusual, and interesting stones; making rings, earrings, bracelets/cuffs, anklets, and pendants/necklaces.
Here is a clip from her Bio:

"From a lifetime of needlework, I discovered my passion when I found wire. There is great satisfaction in combining a stone and its perfect wire-wrapped setting. It's synergy: the sum is greater than the two parts."

"She would like all of our readers to know that "I find unusual stones; sometimes beads (with a drilled hole) or cabochons (a flattened, polished stone with no hole). Many of my finds come from only one mine in the whole world! I consider the stone and how best to wrap it so that the stone is secure and the setting shows off the stone, rather than overwhelms it. I prefer using natural stones and high quality wire, mostly sterling silver, but often work with fine (nearly pure) silver, copper, and 14K gold filled wire. Since I put a lot of time and consideration into each piece, I prefer the components to be high quality, so they last well. I try to make every piece an heirloom."" (Etsy Twitter Team article)
Here are a couple of my favorite pieces I wanted to share!
The gorgeous design and craftsmanship of this piece is to die for!!!
Crystal Symphony - Sterling Silver Wire Wrapped Gold and Crystal Cuff Bracelet

The color of this Sodalite is beautiful!
Rich Blue Sodalite Heart in a Basket Handcrafted Woven Sterling Silver Pendant Necklace


Judy is offering a free handcrafted gift with any purchase from my Etsy shop during the week of January 25-31, 2010.


Use code: SOTW in the comments at checkout.



To learn more about Judy and Wellspring Creations please follow the links below:
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/WSCreations
Etsy Shop: http://www.wellspringcreations.etsy.com/
Facebook: http://www.artist.to/WellspringCreations
Blog: http://www.wellspringcreations.blogspot.com/



Bookmark and Share

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: