Sunday, August 23, 2009

SIGNS BY DIANE


I have ALWAYS had a little place in my heart for anything that looks a little weathered and vintage. When the "shabby chic" trend hit YEARS ago I was CRAZY with delight. The hot trend soon fell away but left the space for true believers and people that really appreciate times of the past. Nothing makes me more happy then to introduce you to Signs By Diane
A wonderful shop filled with various designs that evoke feelings of romantic notions.
Her handcrafted signs cover several styles from Shabby Cottage Chic, Paris apartment, beach cottage and Vintage.
Here is a little message from her shop announcement:

"I feature shabby custom personalized signs for weddings, businesses, or family homes! You can choose your colors, phrases and style of fonts!! I love working with brides and I am extremely flexible with your wants and needs to make your accent signs just perfect for your special day!"

Wedding Sign With Arrow

I really appreciate all the work that goes into each and every piece. It is a true process to make these signs.
As a former professional makeup artist I remember always saying, "...it takes a lot of makeup to look this natural on camera..." Surely my work was not a arduous most of the time but the genuine effort is the same. Meaning, you have no idea what kind of work really takes place to get the end result.
LOL!

It's not surprising that her work has been featured in a number blogs and will be in the August issue of Somerset Home magazine.

Seaside Cottage

I have seen other designs in the same vein and I must confess that often many of these look contrived to "look old and weathered" to me where as Diane's pieces actually look like something you cleaned up and found posted at the beach or in an over grown Victorian Garden. It's a truly skilled artisan that makes these pieces.

Garden Entrance
As if her entire shop wasn't already filled with so many wonderful choices...what is just delightful is you can have one of these beautiful signs customized exactly to your desire!

A whole new way to introduce something old that is really something New!!!

*All Photos courtesy of Signs By Diane





Bookmark and Share

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: