Monday, March 31, 2008

Protocol

So I had a customer order a custom piece of the white Magnolia that was removed from Etsy. I am finishing it today. As anyone that has been following this ridiculousness knows, I am not suppose to re-list this item for fear that my account will be suspended. I e-mailed Etsy AGAIN inquiring what the protocol is for something like this because I think it is only right for them to take the commission for the sale since it was a customer from their site ordering my product! I have no problem charging them outside of their domain but I want to do what is fair and I would not have had this sale if it was not for Etsy. This whole situation is a bit frustrating and I am trying to keep positive but it's like having a little rock in the bottom of your shoe!

It's been THREE e-mail's and no response.

It's ironic to me because I have recently seen another shop with VERY SIMILAR items to theirs (like product for product similar) and I see they are still all up!

I tell myself they are NOT really MY competition I was THEIRS.

I am curious to see IF i get any response and what Etsy will FINALLY have to say.
Yeah, they probably simply want me to contact the other company to get PERMISSION to use MY FLOWER!!!!

EDIT:
I found a letter in SPAM asking me to completely fill out the proper information to do the COUNTER NOTICE...jumping through hoops for this ridiculousness!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Tami Daun said...

Geesh. Forget them. If they don't have the decency to correspond!