Saturday, March 15, 2008

Comparisons

With the hundreds of blogs on the Internet today I am deeply overwhelmed at the thought of strangers reading mine. I have never thought of myself as particularly unique and articulate with my writing skills in any way and have chosen to write this blog in the same way I talk to people in person. It's casual and filled with run on sentences and bad punctuation. I absolutely see the relevance of good writing. I have several great examples to the right...in my Must reads. For example, Pentads A FANTASTIC READ. I immensely enjoy her writing. She blends a perfect amount of humor, articulate writing and very intellectual thoughts. Of course, witty writing will ALWAYS bring me back for more. And there is certainly PLENTY there to enjoy.
As I was saying, I have always had issues with wanting to compare myself to others and have always been told NOT to do that...*chuckles* and I realize that perhaps my blog is at a turning point. This blog was originally meant to revolve around my business and sharing of others work but I am feeling I am lacking. Lacking substance. Yet, I am not sure if I want this to become a personal blog either.
I suppose this is merely another moment in my learning blog journey.
I forget that this is still really new for me and I am fumbling as I go.
...and now I am rambling.
Well, I have much thinking to do and certainly more posts to make.
By the way, definitely go check out Pentads blog. It's a great read!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

7 comments:

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

I think you just described exactly what makes your blog so appealing - it's a nice mix of business and personal life, but not too personal. And it's not gramatically perfect which makes you a very likeable real person. :) Whatever you're doing is working because I, and many others, keep coming back!

Unknown said...

Awe...you HAVE NO IDEA HOW GLAD I am to read this!
Oh, THANK YOU.
I was totally having the "my blog kinda stinks and is boring compared to everyone else's" Syndrome.

I MUCH appreciate you sharing this with me.
*smiling*

Michele said...

I know what you mean. It's always hard to put your stuff out there for the world to see, but no worries, you have a great blog! I love the fact that's it's a bit personal and buisness-y. You are a very talented artist! I'm jealous. :)

Tami Daun said...

I can't believe my eyes! I'm speechless. What a kind thing of you to do to mention my blog. i'm not used to that *blush*. The first time I visited your blog, saw your work, and read your personal stories I blogrolled you as well.

Ah, I wouldn't call myself intellectual. I actually do walk around mumbling and rambling about all of my questions and thoughts. Just ask my husband! lol....I think we all just have to be ourselves. It would be easy for me to compare myself to an artist such as yourself, and feel down about my lack of artistic ability. You are so lucky to have that talent and ability. That's what we want to read about on your blog! It isn't lacking anything! It has your personality, and your work.

My husband told me to not compare my blog to other blogs, 'cause I also tend to go on the, "mine kinda stinks compared to everyone else's"! haha....maybe it's a girl thing with us gals. Don't know.

Anonymous said...

I think it's great that you're writing style is casual. It's more personal and makes us your reader feel more connected to you. I think you're doing a great job.

Unknown said...

AWE!
THANKS EVERYONE!

Sugarloaf said...

Your blog is a JOY to read! I too have the "my blog kinda stinks and is boring compared to everyone else's" Syndrome. I'm not a good writer and English is not even y first language, so I'm constantly afraid I'm writing things that don't make sense. :o)