Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Photos on silk and lace


I'm still debating if I like these new photos on some beautiful silk and lace I found. Actually, it was a few slips that must have belonged to my Aunt. She was tossing them out and I'm so glad I found them in the recycling/donation bag she filled. They must be from the 50's-60's.
I really love the ultra feminine feel of using the fabric under my pieces. Retaking new pictures...AGAIN...I quickly remember why I invested so much time and energy buying my special bulbs and making a light box. Natural light is such a pain when the sun isn't shining...or worse, when I only get a few hours of sun a day this time of year. It's tough because the lighting will never look the same since it is constantly changing...so, there are always variations of color and the light in all the photos. I wanted to use natural daylight since the ivory petals are so delicate and get lost in the "natural synthetic" light.
I worry that it all blends together now. I liked using the aqua silk dupioni that I have used in several pictures but I just wanted to try something softer.




































I noticed that the VERY pigmented pieces are REALLY challenging to photograph. I literally have had 20 pieces of gorgeous dark red designs sitting in my possession for over a year since I can't get them to photograph correctly. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with a setting on my camera but I have no clue what to do. Everything comes out way over exposed for now so I can't even photoshop them decently.
:P
It's all still a learning experience to me!
Ah, next time...

























Bookmark and Share

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: