Friday, July 10, 2009

Yummy Salads!



I have always LOVED salads but since I realized I am allergic to soy (I know, what a tragedy that a Japanese person is allergic to soy!) and soy oil is the basic ingredient in 90% of the pre-made salad dressings on the market! Seriously, if you don't believe me, next time you go to the grocery store take a look down the entire isle...I bet you'll be surprised!
Yeah, yeah, you tell me to just make my own...but I got lazy! To top it off, I'm also allergic to sulfites and there goes vinegar based dressings like the classic oil and balsamic! (Although I do sometimes sneak in some dressings with vinegar in them without any real reaction)
So, I found this Spicy Peanut Dressing at Trader Joe's (my favorite store next to Wholefoods but better for my budget) And boy does it have a ZING! I do LOVE spicy and it actually IS a bit spicy!!! Trying to incorporate more omegas in my diet I REintroduced avocados and olives into my salads! Oh, and I know beets are high in sugar but they are SO YUMMY! I also added cauliflower, green bell peppers and my favorite red cabbage which is very very good for your health!
If you like peanut dressing you should definitely try a bottle of this!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: