Monday, March 14, 2011

Mixed Media Monday

I can't even begin to express how much I miss my art. Good old fashioned pre computers graphite, water color, pastels, oils, acrylic and pen and ink. There was more but these were the basics.
lol
It feels like a lifetime since I worked with any of those and so now I live vicariously through some amazingly talented artist I have found.
Each week I plan to choose one fabulous piece of mixed media art to share and awe over!

Todays piece comes from AMBORELA on Etsy. To be perfectly honest I had the toughest time trying to find just one piece to share...with this said, click on over to her shop and you'll see what I mean! A woman after my own heart! I LOVE how she adds fabric flowers or other materials to create a 3 dimensional effect. My Mother has a mixed media painting I did way back in high school of a lilac dress that I painted in acrylics and used an actual dress in parts... Bethany's work inspired me to reminisce!
LOL!
Bethany has a wonderful sense of color and design.
Her shop literally is filled with a mixture of everything! I had thoughts of wanting to live in a home with MANY ROOMS just so I could hang all the different colors and pieces in each!!!

Flowers From the Sea




Like I said before, definitely check out her shop... I could have filled PAGES AND PAGES of her work!!!
Anyone say, "LOVE  IT?!"

*Photos courtesy of Amborela

Bookmark and Share

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: