Monday, March 21, 2011

Artist Aid: Japan Tsunami Earthquake Relief

I have been wanting to help after seeing the devastation over in Japan. Feeling helpless not being a billionaire I didn't know what I could really do. However, I realized that every little bit helps when I joined a group Artist Aid that is dedicated to donating money from sales to different charity organizations helping Japan. I have chosen Global Giving.
GlobalGiving supports grassroots projects around the world. This project will disburse funds to organizations providing relief and emergency services to victims of the earthquake and tsunami in Japan. GlobalGiving is working with International Medical Corps, Save the Children, and other organizations on the ground to provide relief to victims.
I have an entire section in my shop of items I am donating all the proceeds to this charity.
JAPAN AID FUND
Here's one of the pieces I have up for charity!

Artist Aid: Japan Tsunami Relief 

Pearl Earrings Lavender Dew Drops

by (Me) MikiyeCreations


All donations will be given in the honor of the person that purchased the item.
I greatly appreciate your help and charitable purchase.

Here are some of my other teammates that have some wonderful items also for sale with the proceeds going to the charities of their choice all aiding Japan during this crisis.


CHARITY: Japan Tsunami FINE ART 

PHOTOGRAPHY II If a tree falls in the forest

by RivetingArt
by JeffGuerrero


Japan Relief Matsushima T-Shirt - Women's

by Uzura
by GrinningDogDesigns
by AfternoonShowers
by CuriousCrowJewelry
by Abbyka
by charmednecklaces
by sleepingdogstore
by MelJoyCreations
by TheWoollyPeddler

JAPAN AID - Peony Flower Thank You Notes 

Tsunami Relief

by JenAitchison

These are only a few of the many extraordinary items and people that are taking the time to help in any way they can. It warms my heart to see total strangers come together, share beauty and help those in need.
Please type in "Artist Aid" in the search bar if you visit Etsy and find more incredible items for charity and to help.


Bookmark and Share

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Jennifer Aitchison said...

Thank you for the feature on your beautiful blog. Every little bit really can help. I am so glad to be with all these beautiful artisans.

Becky said...

Excellent idea!