Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Cherry Blossoms From Weddings

Look what I found over at Martha Stewart Weddings! Wonderful Cherry Blossom Ideas for Weddings.
Not that it matters but being a Japanese American I have always had a deep love for Cherry Blossoms. I think watching all the old Japanese (subtitled) movies with my Grandparents romanticized the beauty of the Cherry Blossom trees in bloom.
...a lot of movies had that luscious panoramic shot of the trees in bloom and blossoms floating everywhere!
LOL!
...totally getting off my original idea here!
So here's a few of my favorites from Wedding Ideas That Use Cherry Blossoms.
I have no idea why but I am totally embarrassed that I had NO IDEA there were SO MANY different types of Cherry Blossoms!

Clockwise from top: 1. The flowers from the 'Hally Jolivette' cherry tree start off pale pink, then turn white. 2. The star of many a cherry blossom festival in the U.S. -- among them the Brooklyn Botanic Garden's, as well as Washington, D.C.'s -- the 'Kwanzan' tree can grow up to 30 feet tall. Its pink flowers are full and frilly. 3. The Yoshino is the most common cherry tree in Japan. Its perfect, slightly fragrant, five-petaled blooms can be pink or white. 4. Popular with amateur gardeners, the 'Higan' is a weeping tree. When at its peak, the profusion of cascading branches takes on the appearance of a fountain of delicate pink flowers. 5. It's relatively squat, but the 'Mount Fuji' cherry tree spreads its branches into a wide canopy. Its flowers are known to have a longer life span than those of other varietals.
The Table Setting

Cherry Blossom Cookies

Don't you just want to try one of these? Is it ia chip? Is it a cookie?! (I know it's a cookie but it looks so light and airy) And... I SEE ICING!
The Bridal Bouquet

Cherry Blossom Inspired Dessert

Of course it always has to come back to food of some sort!
LOL!
I just LOVE MOCHI!
This is such an incredible and creative display!
Gotta just LOVE IT!



Bookmark and Share

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: